Sunday, February 27, 2011

Work In Progress




As a dabble into random crafty things, one of my clients asked me for something. She asked me to make her a book cover for her Weight Watchers Points Plus book. Was I up for the challenge? OF COURSE!!

Now that being said, I really didn't have much to go on because her book and calculator goes everywhere she goes so I took super quick measurements and went to work. This is kinda like a draft copy. She gave me some leftover fabric from her chair covers (really really good stuff) and the rest was stuff I had lying around. Long story short.....She looooves it! YEAH!

She brought it to her meeting and her instructor loved it so much she wants one too! Apparently they have a basic one that holds one book only. The fact that it holds all 3 items (2 books, 1 calculator) sold her on it :)
Oh what a happy ending to another trying-something-out-craft story :))
Here are a few pics of what it looks like so far. I still need to add a slot down the center.






Here are a few challenges I can enter.....
Stampin' Sisters In Christ: At Least 3 Buttons
One Stop Craft: Spring Flowers
Crafty Catz: Create Something For a Friend
Stamp Something: Something With Flowers
Studio 313: Use Natural Elements
_________________
My Recipe:
Custom Book Cover
Fabric: Fabricland (Suede), Felt
Cuttlebug: Mini Flower Dies
Other: Buttons, Velcro, Cardboard
******************
Time to get started on dinner. What to make, what to make.........

6 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

really lovely and lucky friend thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz

Wendy said...

Love it xx

Becky said...

What a wonderful project. Thank you for sharing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Hi! Fantastic job on this beautiful creation! Thank you so much for joining us at The HotSpot Challenge! Hugs, Sue

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sandra - what a fabulous project! I love those flowers and buttons - gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge, we love to see you and appreciate your suppport! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

carol said...

wow what a fab challenge to be given, you have made a fantastic creation, thanks for playing along with Craftycatz, x carol